3.13.2006

Screw the Mustang, I am getting an SUV



Forty-five minutes later, I found my car. A guy drove by while I was shoveling like a midget in the snow and rolled down his window and said:
Him: "I just wanted to tell you that really sucks."
Me: "Thanks. I know."
Him: "Have you tried just backing out?"
Me (exasperated): "No. It's rear wheel drive."
Him: "Well it's a nice car in the summer."

Just as I am convinced I hate this man, he shows up with a shovel and says "My girlfriend and mother would kill me if I made fun of you and didn't help." We shovel forever and I back my car out from the curb six inches so in the morning I can get a running start over the snow the plow will leave during the night. It's a special service by the City of Minneapolis - burying my car a second time.



These are my dwarf feet that are as red as the hat (the colors are just distorted in this picture...) and frozen because I don't own snow boots. Just shoes with apparently a lot of holes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that he made fun of you but still helped.

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at your ability to attract random men - even men with girlfriends who, after meeting you, subsequently break up with their girlfriends. Let me know when you get a letter from this one.

I'm sorry about your red little feet. :(

Jo said...

Aw, your poor toes. I can send you the sweet snow boots I bought at Payless for $6, if you want. They're hott.

Anonymous said...

Sarah...
Did you forget that you were moving to Minneapolis...in the winter??

White Hat Black Hat said...

You should definitely call my buddy Pothead. He has little Hobbit feet. They are very similar to your dwarf feet, but they have more hair.

Minneapolis. Winter time. Seriously, who could have seen this coming?