3.27.2006

Eye rolling

My parents visited this week. Although there were no coughing fits, there was indeed crying, fighting and much eye-rolling. we are all apparently in this transition phase. I am at the point of not needing my parents for emotional or financial support but would love the occasional clothing purchase or trip to the grocery store on them. They are at the point of being annoyed that I am so independent and are subconciously punishing me by never volunteering to buy me things beyond dinner.

The most frequent conversation we had was this-

Me: So, I need to make reservations. What kind of food do you want?
Parent: What is there?
Me: Everything.
Silence.
Me: So, what sounds good?
Silence.

On the up side, we went to the Mall of America where I bought pretty slingbacks and a skirt. Please notice the pronoun in front of bought.

Saturday I left to go out at 9:30. Went to Alison's and then to The Library, which is a bar near the U. Then played drunken Catch Phrase at M's friend's house. I didn't get home until 4:45 a.m. which is perfect timing for my parents to assume I am a drunken whore.

5 comments:

White Hat Black Hat said...

You have really good parent stories. My parents thought that I was some kind of raging alcoholic my senior year of college. They actually called me home to "talk" about it. I kind of laughed and then went back to Aggiville and lit it up.

College was fun.

Anonymous said...

You forgot the story about leaving your apartment with whorish amounts of eyeliner and a bottle of vodka...

Anonymous said...

You goober, you were kind of a raging alcoholic in college.

Anyone who has rode naked on the hood of a truck with a gun (always with a gun) has to understand why one's parents were concerned.

How you lived to graduate is enough to make anyone believe in God.

Jo said...

She wore whorish amounts of eyeliner? I must say, I'm proud. Vodka is tasty.

White Hat Black Hat said...

Exactly how much is a "whorish" amount? Is there a specific quantity or does it vary based on what else the person is wearing?