3.24.2006

Coughing fits

My worst memory of my parents is when I was in high school. We had just had a big fight probably about something insignificant. I was up in the corner of my room crying on the phone with my boyfriend at the time. I had no doubt gotten up to my room by stomping up the stairs and slamming my door with all my might all the while exagerrating my crying by loudly sniffling and occasional "I have cried so much I am dying and it's all your fault" coughing.

I then decided I had to get out of my house. I asked my mom for the keys to her car and she told me no because I was crying so hard and shouldn't drive. After convincing her I was fine by hysterically screaming, I got the keys and went to the garage. My dad's car, which was ALWAYS parked on the top of the other side of the driveway, was of course on that night parked directly behind my mom's car but low enough on the hill so I couldn't see it. I start backing out, still hysterical and super eager to leave my house, back my mom's car right into my dad's car. Luckily, it was just a small dent, and he was about to get a new car anyway.

I can't remember how I responded but I am fairly certain it involved throwing keys on the ground, stomping back up the stairs, doubling the crying/coughing routine and not coming out of my room until I had to go to school next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this weekend doesn't end up including any coughing fits ...