1.31.2006

The state of things

Sadly, I will miss the State of the Union tonight. I have to go watch a high school basketball game as one of my final duties of shepherd of the teens.

However, I am sure the stand up, sit down routine will go smoothly as usual even without my viewership. The annual stories of the Florida orange picker and his wife whose lives have been dramatically changed by the current president's policies or the mother with three kids, all missing limbs, who can now go on living because she shook the commander in chief's hand will be told. The token miniorities and military personnel will be present and will clap wildly as all cameras are directed their way. The response from the opposing party is always the same no matter who it is or what party they come from: The president has good intentions but ultimately sucks however we have nothing of real value to say. God Bless America and all that, too.

Four more days of "work. Five days til the move upward. Oh and having to file taxes in two states sucks.

1 comment:

Jo said...

"Stash-busting" involved getting rid of my yarn stash through turning it into wearable objects. So there. Weirdo.