1.25.2006

Things that suck

- Moving companies. Their window for delivery is 2-14 days. Again, this goes back to me hiring men that I don't own. Minneapolis is five hours away yet it might take them two weeks to arrive while I am sleeping on the floor.

- American Airlines. Half the time I call they say they are too busy to even put me on hold. Now, that is busy. Then, they refuse to give Edie a Sunday flight. There is always an empty seat on a plane. Always. Besides how many Sunday travelers are really flying from Minneapolis to Kansas City?

- People who work on cars. I am still not over the fact I had to pay almost $200 for my fuel injection system to be cleaned because I was pumping gas for it to start for three weeks so it got dirty. This was because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car for three weeks.

- Edie says the Price Chopper at 87th and Antioch sucks. It's probably like the Walgreens on Brady St. Some kid hit me with a sword yesterday because his mother was not controlling him. She was too busy bitching about how she didn't feel like buying her daughter a $5 piece of crap toy.

- Burned tongues, chapped lips, paper cuts, fat people, the word "extraordinary," broken windshield wipers, clogged drains, sour milk, exboyfriends' drunk dials and blue highlighters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Why don't you like the word "extraordinary?"

You know what word I don't like: billabong. Not sure why - it just seems dirty to me.

Also, I have to add that these things also suck:

Tiny roundabouts.
When an editor comes up and talks to me as I'm writing comments about other things that suck. YUP, that just happened.

Pantyhose.

Jo said...

More things that suck:

The word "unique."
Ex-boyfriends in general.
Men in general.
Razorburn.
The fact that 37-cent stamps won't work anymore.

White Hat Black Hat said...

I'm with you on the blue highlighters. Why do they even make those stupid things? People who use them immediately qualify for my "pissing-me-off-but-not-sure-why" list.

Things that suck in Chicago:
> Sideways rain
> Tourists that walk 3 wide on the sidewalk and stop every three feet to take a picture (straight up) of a building. Yeah, those are going to turn out great.
> Slow elevators. Seems to be a lot of them.