1.30.2006

Back from the city

I found an apartment. It's maybe a third of the size of my current apartment, which I have successfully filled with stuff. So, this will be a challenge. I apparently am forced to trade a nice cushy, fairly cheap apartment with a garage for a tiny-ass apartment, expensive rent and no parking without the threat of being towed when it snows. This apartment, however, was the best of the ones we looked at other than the one in drug alley.

It'll be a big change, one I am pretty anxious about. Figuring out what roads to drive on, cramming my furniture through the small doors, trying to find a place for my stuff, not being scared of someone breaking into my apartment... yeah. I'm only three miles from work, 9 minutes according to Yahoo maps.

It wasn't as cold as I expected although it was unseasonably warm. I need to be smart about getting my car warmed up, wearing hat and mittens, etc. Everyone there is young which will be a refreshing change.

This week will be full of goodbye stuff, final packing and throwing away marathons and then my parents come Friday, and we move Saturday. I don't start work til next Tuesday so I'll have one day to sit. Sort of. Sometimes I don't think I am ready for this adult thing. Ok, actually most of the time. I miss my mom, my friends and my biggest decisions being what I eat for lunch.

This job should be fun. Get back to me in six months about that one. I'll get to go to LA in just a month so that will break things up. Hopefully I can be there for a few years. I am tired of moving.

No comments: