1.10.2006

Firsts

Since this is my first blogger post, here are some other firsts:

First time I rode on an airplane: On the way to Disneyland in California for my 7th birthday.

First time I got in trouble in school: 1st grade. I forgot to put my milk ticket in the box. This was before I figured out I could just lie and say I didn't want milk that day.

First time I almost got taken away: My mom grabbed my arm to talk to me about my impatience at the mall. I screamed for social services and told her they take kids away from their families for things like this.

First time I left the country and could remember it: London for Gold Orchestra concerts in June 1997.

First job: Working in a K-State lab washing beakers and watering plants.

First boyfriend: This kid named Tommy in 8th grade who thought it was a really big deal when he kissed me on the cheek. I think I broke up with him because he bored me.

First car: 1987 Chrysler LeBaron. Hatchback. Power windows. Woo.

First time I voted: 2000 presidential election. Voted for Gore, of course.

First time I felt God in a big way: December 2004 involving the most devastating time in my life yet.

First time I took narcotics: Percocet this summer after wisdom teeth and two dry sockets. It made my skin itch like crazy so I looked like a chipmunk drug addict.

First time I woke up on a bathroom floor: This summer after a very crazy night of shots.

First time I got glasses: Today. I couldn't read the TV Guide channel anymore so it was getting dangerous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad you have a blog instead of Xanga.

Love the firsts post. Great idea. Wherever did you come up with it?

Here are some of my firsts:

First memory: The doors at Clarabel's Dance Studio, where I took dance lessons from age 2 to age 18. (brother also took dance lessons, but only for a couple of months. :) )

First time I realized I was a genius: At about age 3, when I thought I could spell everyone's name. My name was spelled "E-D-I-E," so naturally, mom's name was spelled "MOM-I-E," etc. Had I known you then, your name would've been "SARAH-I-E."

First (real) kiss: My freshman year of high school In the middle of the dirt road in front of my house with a kid named "Jose." Yup, I was a rebel.

First time I truly embraced me as just ME and nothing else: Summer after my senior year of college.

First time I spent this long writing a comment: Right now.

White Hat Black Hat said...

Sarah,

Glad to see you've changed to Blogger so that I can add some nice conservative balance to the comments.

PS I can't believe that the first time you woke up on the bathroom floor was this summer. I thought you went to college.

Sarah said...

I always made it to my bed, or at least bedroom floor.