1.13.2006

Freaks among us

Because I now do nothing at my job other than look for new ones I''ve spent a lot of time on Craigslist. These people are FREAKS.

Sure, it's fun to fantasize about apartments in my future city for $2,000/month for rent or something like that, but I am highly disturbed that some of these people could be living among us.

For example, this grossly overweight woman of more than 400 pounds who was requesting people come and walk on her "from barefoot to high heels" to relieve her stress.

Another guy was doing a couples study and needed people named Sarah Johnson or Joe West.

A family was pleading with people to help him shop using the coupons he had saved that all expire today. And then asked for a couple dollars for food.

Joe posts a letter stating his undying love for Brian because the events of 9-11 made him realize he should tell people he loves them ... four years later.

And finally my favorite, "does anyone know anyone who does eyebrow threading?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never been to craigslist. I'll have to check it out.

It's 12:37 and I have to wait 23 minutes before I can do anything else. Blah.