1.20.2006

We-Haul, U-Pay

Because I am not a tall, muscular male (or own one), I have to hire a moving company. I am haunted by those 60 minutes shows about the companies that lose your stuff, find out they actually sold it to hobos who set it on fire for warmth. I know this will happen to my furniture.

So I pretend to be a responsible consumer by getting quotes, reading consumer reviews and checking with the Better Business Bureau. This is the most I have ever done to actually care about where my money is going because frankly, I like my couch.

Every consumer writing a review either had no problems or is suing the company and is scheduled to appear on Dateline next week. This is completely unhelpful. So I went with what is cheapest because I find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to pay more than $1,000 for something boyfriend/husband/brother could do.

Now one must choose a company even though they have: 1. No new apartment. 2. Nothing packed, and 3. Money. because they need two weeks notice or more.

Then they have to come look at my stuff to give me a quote of how much muscle mass it will take to haul it down three flights of narrow stairs, into a truck, across state lines and into my new nonexistant apartment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remembered to check your blog!!! So remember to check mine!! I heart you!!