2.01.2006

Speeches and ulcers

This is a cop out blog of several subjects crammed together to make up one entry. It's like all the sports columnists do when they are strapped for a topic.

Protesting in the Capitol: Crazy Cindy was arrested for disrupting the House Chambers with her anti-war t-shirt during the State of the Union. I will give her props for sticking to her cause and having such courage in exercising her First Amendment rights. However, it might be more effective in advancing her cause if she reevaluated her tactics. I don''t agree with her arrest, but she should be protesting the suppression of FA rights not the war if that's the tactics she uses.

The speech: I didn't watch the speech because I was otherwise occupied, however I have seen clips and read the stories. Funniest thing had to be Bush relaying how the Congress failed to act on his social security policy and all the Dems gave him a ironic standing ovation. Then of course, Bush says entitlements are still rising and the Repubs cheer.. in your face. Kids, kids.

Mouth ulcers: I have a very uncomfortable canker sore in between my cheek and lower gum. It hurts. I also have one on my front lower lip. Herpes of the mouth. Gross. I should at least get to kiss someone to get it instead of just being stressed. OK really cold sores are the contagious ones. But pretend. I am too tired to delete this and make the change.


Tonight is my goodbye dinner with a whopping five people. These really are the only five people I like so I am OK with it. Plus I get good Mexican food and maybe some tequila with margarita mix.

No comments: