2.06.2006

It begins

I have arrived.

Friday I carried so many loads of boxes and bags to the Uhaul that I lost count. My parents got to Davenport late and we stayed at a hotel. Saturday morning we cleaned up apartment and finished loading and then drove away. It's weird to think I probably won't be back there for years, if ever. I am too young to be living in a place called Davenport anyway.

When we got to Minneapolis, I signed my leased and some boys I didn't know that don't know me but know a guy that knows my dad's grad student showed up and carried all my stuff into my apartment. Thank goodness for boys.

Sunday we went to Ikea and got me an entertainment center that actually fits in my living room with couch, chair, etc. I didn't think anything would fit but it all does minus my kitchen table and chairs. Really, I don't eat at that table so it doesn't matter.

Today my mom and I hung some pictures, practiced driving to my work and ate breakfast/lunch at the cafe where I saw the cute guy but he was not working sadly. This afternoon, after saying goodbye to my mom, I ventured to the grocery store. It was expensive and busy. I had to park half a block away and actually repacked my bags so I could bring in half a load now and another later. I am going to Alison's later to watch The Bachelor. My cable doesn't get here til Thursday night. I am hijacking a wireless internet connection which people are actually probably stealing all my personal information as we speak. Thank goodness Bush is also spying on them as they spy on me.

Tomorrow I start work. It's cold here but not miserable. If I remember to wear gloves and mittens it's even less miserable. The traffic sucks, but it's still more fun to drive in. Once I figure out where to shop and things like that, it'll be easier. I am sure I'll carry index cards around with Mapquest directions for months though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

wheee! I'm so excited for you! I've been wonderng how things were going. Sounds like you're rolling right along. Glad you got to hang out with Alison. :)

Jo said...

Gloves *and* mittens? Darlin'. I will knit you some warm, warm things. Good luck today/this week. I know you will do great.

Anonymous said...

Minneapolis is great for shopping and yeah I've ebeen there a couple times, but once you get the highways down your golden.