2.14.2006

Goo and mush



Everyone hates Valentine's Day unless you're a love-sick teenager in a relationship or in elementary school. All of my good memories of this blasted holiday are in one of those two stages in life. It was all fun and games when it was a day of pink frosted cupcakes and Mickey Mouse cards that you had to give to everyone, even the gross kids. The other time I was 18 and it was my first Valentines Day with a real boyfriend. It was really good but after that it's been downhill. No matter if I am in a relationship or fabulously single, the day always falls short of expectations.

It's too much pressure on guys to do the perfect thing. Girls are hoping for the perfect romantic act that will save a relationship or further it. Save it for birthdays and anniversarys. Sheesh. If you're single, as I am now, you have to listen to everyone else's plans knowing full well these plans are going to turn up being not as exciting as planned. But yet, you're really freaking jealous.

Happily half a couple: "So what are your big plans tonight?"
Me: "Umm..drinking champagne out of a coffee mug, throwing rocks at happy people and watching American Idol."
Happily half a couple: "Oh..that's..nice."
Me (wearing black): "Yeah, I am pumped." Rolls eyes, walks away.

I did get some candy though. I ate it.

1 comment:

White Hat Black Hat said...

Drinking alcohol from coffee cups is fantastic. If you do it while wearing oversized, worn out clothes, then throwing rocks at people really just seems like the right thing to do.

I think that's what I'll do tonight. You can get a lot of speed on a rock from a 33rd floor balcony.