2.08.2006

Diets

The NY Times reported today that low-fat diets don't help reduce the risk of heart disease or cancer. The $415 million study found those who ate whatever the hell they wanted had the same rates of breast cancer, colon cancer, strokes and heart attacks as those of us who eat fruit and whole wheat bread. So really, if no one cared what they looked like and could afford two tickets for seats on the airplane, McDonalds' profit would soar. Not that they aren't doing well for themselves now. I unfortuantely do care what I look like so I will be continuing to eat lean cuisines for lunch.

Yesterday I had the nerve-wracking experience of forgetting a plastic fork to eat my lean cuisine. It seemed rather uncooth to attempt to eat my chicken and rice with my hands on my first day of work. Luckily I found a box of plastic silverware under the microwave in the office. Starvation avoided.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to avoid eating a lean cuisine finger food style!