2.09.2006

Hooked on cable

I don't know why I even felt the need to pay close to $90 a month for cable and Internet. I can afford it, I just don't need it. But I really think I might.

Without Internet, I wouldn't be able to talk to Jo or Christi or Layne for the 20 minutes a night we actually end up talking. Or what if I need to get to a grocery store or Home Depot? Driving around til I see one isn't really any option anymore seeing as how it took me 35 minutes to drive 3.1 miles today because it had snowed a couple of inches. God bless Mapquest.

Cable TV also an completely unnecessary item I think I need. I rarely watch any shows that are actually made in the last three years. Yet, I have 100 plus channels to lure me to sit on my ass for hours on end til I am tired enough to sleep. I have justified this purchase because the Olympics start tomorrow, which I am pumped about. Tonight though I watched a doctor stop a man with a bazooka in him from exploding, everybody loving Raymond and that damn movie preview where they tell the girl the calls are calling from inside the house which prompts me everytime to search my apartment for scary men with cell phones. This is completely irrational seeing as how my apartment is the size of a minivan and any intruder would probably have to step over me to actually hide anywhere.

No comments: