6.01.2007

This is not your personal office

I am sitting at the airport waiting to go to New York to see M., and there is an asshole across from me in the seating area on his phone headset. He is balancing his laptop on one knee and a notebook on the other. He is talking LOUDLY and in a tool-like manner saying things like "The tasks, Chuck, are fundamentally the same..." or "Chuck, I'll arrange a meeting with the principles in this deal." If that was annoying enough, he's excessively gesticulating.

I want to punch him in the face. This is not his personal office and everytime he motions with his chubby hands, it makes me want to reach out and slap them. The guy next to me just saw me staring this guy down, chuckled and signed really loudly.

Also, he's wearing New Balance tennis shoes, oatmeal colored jeans and a blue patterned shirt. Oddly though, his fingernails are clean and manicured and his beard is really well groomed.

"You bet, Chuck. You bet."

2 comments:

White Hat Black Hat said...

As someone who has sat in a crowded airport waiting area, with a laptop on one knee, an agreement on the other, trying to talk on a cell phone with a dying battery while still listening to the announcements to figure out which gate they are moving my flight to, I can promise you that the guy hated what he was doing even more than you hated listening to him.

Trying to work while you are away from the office, with clients who have no concept of reasonable demands, all while trying to avoid being strip searched by some ass with a wand because you forgot to empty your pockets really, really sucks.

On the upside, you do get to expense the $9.50 muffin that you got from Starbucks and ate on the plane for lunch, so I guess that evens things out.

Jo said...

Oatmeal jeans? Ugh. Colored jeans are so late '80s. Not that I remember the late '80s, but I've seen pictures, and they were pretty awful.

I'd want to punch him in the face just for the colored jeans. I'd also punch Chuck.