6.14.2007

Back at the airport

This should just be a airport blog. The only time I can write I am in the airport waiting and waiting.

Right now there are about 20 eighth graders experimenting with their cell phone rings. Their chaperone, a large older man, is loudly telling this story about a plane being late. It's not an interesting story at all. A plane? Delayed? At O'Hare? What a ridiculous fantasy. He also just referred to the word "fuck" as the "F flipper."

Now they are surrounding me and taking pictures of each other but they do have to occasionally pause to check their text messages which keep beeping every five seconds.

If they are next to me on the plane, I am jumping out the window. I'll take my chances.

2 comments:

Jo said...

When I was in fifth grade, we went to Washington, D.C. on a giant 4-day field trip. I'm sure we were even more annoying than the eighth graders.

Jo said...

And I'm moving. My apartment is allowed to be messy.