5.14.2008

Normalcy

My mind has been in overdrive lately. Every time I felt myself getting a much-needed grip, I fell back into a very unnecessary, dizzying slip.

This week I got a chance to get away. To sleep in a bed that wasn't mine. To sit in a room that wasn't surrounded with reminders of what I should be doing instead. To explore areas with incredible sights, smells and a overwhelming sense of calm. To just laugh, talk about nothing and eat a lot of things that aren't good for me.

Sometimes I wonder if we have those weights on our chest or the lump in our throat in order to experience the incredible feeling that comes when you finally achieve peace. The way it feels to breathe deep and giggle freely. To know that you are being yourself and in fact, there isn't something wrong with you, you just needed to get away for a day or two from the pressure cooker of life.

No comments: