9.19.2007

Diamonds and pink

I don't know the names of diamond settings. Jo was talking about one today and I had to ask "um, is that a diamond?" I think a big diamond would be really annoying to have wear the rest of my life. You can't take it off but I would probably snag all my clothes or something. Or scratch my face. "What's that on your face?"... "Oh, just a bleeding reminder I am engaged/married."

I think I'd rather wear a white dress with lots of red accents on it rather than pure white. I'd rather just have long, curled hair than all tangled up in a tiara and flowers. I'd rather have ice cream cake than traditional wedding cake. I'd rather have a huge game of Cranium than the Dollar Dance. But I still want the dollars. There can be roses or tulips at my wedding, but under no circumstances will a carnation or daisy set foot in the church. Nor is the Macarena or Hokey Pokey allowed. The Electric Slide is OK.

I am high-maintenance. But not in the traditional girl kind of way. More in the "STOP TOUCHING MY FACE" way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering how different we are, I'm sometimes surprised at how similarly we think.

Love you and the fact that you don't want an up-do or daisies at your wedding.

p.s. I think you could play cranium and just charge and participation fee.

p.p.s: I want cheescake. Don't even care if there is a little bride and groom on the top. :)

Sarah said...

I don't want a bride and groom topper either. Like you need a reminder you're at a wedding. Duh!