8.29.2007

21 miles and counting



I skated 21.3 miles at semi-marathon speed tonight. I ate a third of a Clif Bar before I skated and then on my 18th mile tired PowerBar gel. I wanted to test it out before the marathon so I knew it wouldn't make me spew.

Luckily it worked, I got a little shaky but then it was just renewed energy. I had the stamina but my quads were killing me so I stopped at my seventh time around the lakes.

Best part though was this speed skater (who had the biggest calves ever) I was keeping up with for a short time passed me, and he said "You are skating very strong. You're a little power house"

2 comments:

Nicole Coleman said...

"You are skating very strong. You're a little power house"

That is soo cute. I am very proud of you. I need some of your motivation. Where's do I find it?

Anonymous said...

ahhh...I like "little power house" even better than "midge"