5.24.2007

The world at 5 a.m.

I had to take a friend to the airport this morning at 4 a.m. so I ended up just staying awake and being productive. I like the world a whole lot better at 5 a.m. Who knew?

There is no one on the interstates eliminating any road rage, excessive use of the blinker and the eventual merge.

There are crazy people (at least 20) lined up outside the gym waiting for it to open. I got there three minutes before it opened but these people obviously have this as part of their morning ritual. Why not just wait in your car instead of in a line in the rain? Still, I appreciate them for their intense dedication/insanity.

The ghetto discount grocery store is mostly free from shoppers that make me want carve my cucumber into a point for protection if anyone approaches my cart. Also I get to watch the manager go through sour cream containers already on the shelves and smell them. Luckily I don't ever buy sour cream because if I did, that would be the last time.

Coffee tastes a lot better when you've already been up five hours and you are so tired you keep forgetting where you are.

No comments: