12.18.2006

I had a dream...

After struggling to fall asleep last night for hours, I was rudely awakened by my alarm in the middle of a dream. I was at a museum type place where Thomas Jefferson resided. Not a portrait of him or pictures of the slave he slept with, but the actual Thomas Jefferson. The man.

Naturally, I wanted to meet him. Wouldn't you? His assistant told me that he rarely agrees to meet with people anymore because he's so old. But after hearing about my First Amendment court case, he agreed to meet me! I went into a room and there sat Thomas Jefferson, white wig and in a wheelchair. It gets a little fuzzy but his quote about having a free press rather than the government if he had to choose was part of our conversation. At one point I was crying, and he was hugging me.

I am impressed with my subconcious mind to link the First Amendment, Jefferson and a popular quote. However, beyond the analogy that I am more intelligent than I thought, I've got nothing.

However, I did learn one of my friends was Thomas Jefferson in a previous life or so her eighth-grade soul told her.

Thus concludes the weirdest morning ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoooooooooah. You are all kinds of deep.

Jo said...

Thomas Jefferson. Seriously? You could not be more weird if you tried.

I still love you to bits, though.