11.06.2006

Why I love election season

- The Green party sign: Since late last week, there are people standing on the corner of my block with a massive cardboard sign that says "Support the Green Party." No candidate specifically just general support. Man, I hope they take the Senate!

- Live from New York... It's the Daily Show. Live! Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert!

- Minneapolis Mayor Rybak called my cell phone this weekend urging me to vote for..someone. Surely a Democrat. He talked to me like we were buddies though. I have expected him to end the convo with "peace out" but I hung up before he could get to that point.

- Campaign ads: This is the first time I have lived in a contentious state during election season. I can't get enough of the TV ads which inform me that every candidate running for office is a lying sack of shit and should be burning in the fires of hell. Vote, Tuesday!

- Predictions: I eat them up. I listened to NPR all day. Last night I watched two people fighting on MSNBC about whether the Dems would take five seats or four. They need six, so I have no idea why it even matters if they get less than that. My prediction? Dems will take every Senate seat up for grabs and there will be so much cutting and running Fox News will actually implode.

1 comment:

White Hat Black Hat said...

My prediction: Democrats take the majority in the House, Republicans keep the Senate. Hillary Clinton wins by a landslide and then says something embarrassing or patently racist in her acceptance speech.

Then, for the next two years, absolutely nothing happens except for John Kerry botching a joke that leads to him saying on national television that Hitler was misunderstood, he feels like he can identify with immigrants because his wife owns most of South Africa and he joined the Democratic party because "everyone knows Republican chicks don't put out."

In '08, the Republicans main theme is "See, you put them in charge of the House, and nothing happened. All is forgiven if you vote us back into control."