7.04.2006

Why home will always be better

Even though I love Minneapolis and my friends and job there, I hate leaving home. It doesn't always make sense why I have to leave a place where I sleep better, laugh more and generally feel calmer. I am sure not working and eating lots of good food has a lot to do with it, but still.

Reasons why it's hard to leave home:

1. Political discussions that go on for hours and get to the point where someone has to break it up to prevent someone from bursting into tears.

2. Sleeping in my bed and not waking up once during the night from a strange noise, an annoying cat or general unrest.

3. Hanging out with Layne and Chris and seeing how much they have grown as people. Oh, such a proud big sis.

4. Spending the afternoon watching movies with my mom.

5. Laying on the couch with my computer in our completely wireless house.

6. Free laundry.

7. Rock-a-Belly Deli, Acme Gifts, Coco Bolos, El Cazador

8. Holding Nicole's baby who can now laugh and wiggle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at home! I generally missed you, which is weird since you were geographically a lot closer than when you are in Minneapolis.

Jo said...

I miss you. Come home.