8.20.2006

A Real Marathoner

My goal going into the St. Paul inline skating marathon (26.2 miles) was first to finish and then second to get under three hours. I had done 21 miles in a little more than two hours.

Starting out I ate a Cliff bar right before which made me really antsy. I started right before 8 a.m. in Open Wave 2. The first part was the hardest and there were several gradual inclines that made it harder especially since they were in areas that there were no cheering spectators, which makes a huge difference. I did see a wheel on the side of the road, a few people getting medical attention, heard about several falls and a guy throwing up.

The end was a huge hill that definitely caused some moaning and groaning but my everyone was yelling and ringing cowbells so it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating.

Official time: 2:06. YES!

I went to lunch with my very supportive friends and came home and slept. When I woke up, my whole body was on fire, and I had a huge headache. I am sure it'll be a few days of recovery or maybe a few weeks ... but the next marathon is Sept. 16 in Duluth so my body better heal fast!

Anyway, super cool day and one of the biggest things I've defintely done in awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling the day after? I hope you're not still "on fire."
Maybe the ice cream helped with that... :)